I went home this weekend, which was slightly confusing. It was odd to be back home, because it felt like i had only been gone for maybe a weekend or so, but so much had changed. All my friends are gone, at their own colleges. I went back to my high school to visit, and I was told that I was subject to arrest if I didn't leave the premisis. What is that ! I stayed anyway, went to my old classrooms and saw underclassmen that were way excited to see me. High school is so much different than college, I notice now. Walking down the hallway, I saw this sophomore kid walk up to garbage can and angrily kick it over.
It was wierd. Did that make him feel better, kicking over a defenseless garbage can? What does that even accomplish? Oh well.
I went to the football game that night, for my old high school team. The team seemed so small compared to ULV's team. One thing that hasn't changed - football games are definitely still a social event. I honestly go to watch the game because I love football - but everyone around is is trying to TALK to me ! I mean, I felt kinda bad because it's my first time home and everything - but I really wanted to watch the game.
Here's one thing you SoCal people will probably get a kick out of: I noticed how much we NorCal people really do say 'hella'. I mean, when I moved here, poeple commented on it a lot, but I never really noticed how much we use it to emphasize everything. Literally. Oh well, It was nice to be back where other people said it besides just myself. Also, one of my friends asked me "So, down south they say 'Badass' a lot, don't they ? And after pondering for a moment, I noticed... they DO! Not only that, but I've started saying it too. So yeah, us NorCal people say Hella. But you guys say Badass.
Oh, yeah, and it was kind of sad to be back where it's so ghetto. I missed the quiet town of La Verne with its cop cars sitting on every corner.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment