I don't understand how when we see each other several times, we don't greet each other. Are we all that lost in our own lives that we can not take the time to acknowledge another's presence as they walk in and out of our conscious? We all do it everyday. What would our campus look like if we all were friendlier. Scary? Perhaps. Better? Possibly...I think I am just over thinking the entire matter. I just want the girl to smile back.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Don't You Recognize Me?
As a student at ULV, you will often see me briskly walking down the various hallways and passage ways of campus on my way one class or another. It is routine. On one of my morning sprints to a sociology course, I see a girl. I end up seeing her every Monday and Wednesday there after. It always seems to be a bit nippy outside at 9:50 in the A.M. College students should never have to wake up at such ungodly, blasphemous hours, it causes crankiness. Despite these different, unfriendly emotions raging through my veins, I always manage to smile at her. And she never seems to notice. I suppose she is too busy talking on her cell phone or running her skinny fingers through her long brown hair. Her valley girl accent rings through the air slamming into my eardrums. Maybe I don't want to get to know her at all. It is too early for our California accents and high pitched voices to be released in the open anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate it when you smile at someone and they don't smile back, it makes you look stupid. I wish people will smile back too.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. Sometimes I wave at strangers. Makes me feel good when they wave back.
ReplyDelete