In the Melting Pot,
I was taking notes,eating, made an out line, reviewed some Reviews.
Tasting, Drinking, enjoying, talking.
one of my best work,
I think I am Done with food WRITING for now, i don't mind bringing this peace back in the future,
only by popular demand. lol
enjoy
Nestled in the corner of the Foothill shopping center in Rancho Cucamonga, "The Melting Pot" isn't placed in the most convenient of locations, yet the restaurant continues to thrive, having held it's ground against other establishments that have failed in the same building. Perhaps it's the friendly wait staff, the atmosphere, the food, but I think what it comes down to is the experience found in the dimly lit restaurant. The place is so dark inside; I passed it twice, unsure if they were even open. Once inside I was greeted by a friendly hostess, dressed in black, blending in with her dark surroundings. I picked a slower time to visit the restaurant, and only a few clinks and clatters could be heard from my fellow diners. I was seated in a corner, my table lit by an overhead, hanging sconce. The table wasn't so much a table, as it was a stove which my server turned on as I took my seat in the booth. The server was all smiles yet very professional, adding to the classy atmosphere.
I ordered one of their many feasts, starting with the beer and cheddar fondue appetizer. The server set a silver pot on the invisible burner and began to mix the ingredients of beer, cheese and spices. He laid before me a sampler of bread and Granny Smith apples. I tried the bread first, dipping it into the steaming cheese pot, tasting the pungent, sharp cheddar on the soft, crusty bread, finding it a perfect blend of textures. I was a little hesitant to try the apples, never having the odd combination before. But I was here to try something new, so I dipped the apple into the cheese and was instantly a fan. The crisp, sweet tartness of the green apple mixed with the creamy cheese was so full of flavor that I hardly touched the rest of the bread.
The empty cheese pot was removed from the table and an assortment of raw meats were placed before me; lobster tails, steak, shrimp and chicken, a colorful mixture of land and sea. The server placed a new pot in front of me, full of a flavorful rich broth. The server gave me the various times to cook each type of meat and wished me a pleasant meal. I grabbed one of the colored skewers and stabbed a hearty chunk of lobster and placed it in the piping brown liquid. When it's time had come, I pulled the lobster, not longer translucent but a snowy white, from the pot and took my first bite. The rich spices added to the succulent sweetness of the lobster, with the broth filling my mouth with each chew. Next I tried the beef, then the chicken, followed by the shrimp, all creating a unique flavor when cooked in the delicious broth. I became an expert as the meal carried on, learning to cook one meat while I tasted another, never having to wait for my next bite.
When the server removed my empty platter I didn't know how I could squeeze in another bite, but when the pot of broth was swapped with one filled to the brim with rich, melted chocolate, I knew I could make it work. A small platter of desserts were before me, pound cake, strawberries, bananas, even cheesecake bites, and I didn't know how to decide which to dip first. I speared a strawberry and twisted it around the steaming chocolate, watching the extra dribble off, landing back into the mixture. I took a bite and found the sweet combo of the juicy strawberry mixed with the thick, warm chocolate to be even more desirable than the all the meats combined. The salty graham cracker crust of the cheesecake bites, mixed with the cream cheese filling and warm chocolate was a perfect combination. I tried each one of the desserts in the chocolate, finding each taste better than the last until I was so stuffed I knew my mouth wouldn't open for another bite.
The server removed the pot and platter, leaving me with the check. I sat for a moment, taking in the atmosphere deciding it was perfect for the type of meal I just had. The dim lights, the light chatter, created a comfortable environment, one I could spend hours in, which I did as all three courses took about two hours total. Though the restaurant is expensive, the memories that can be created there are worth the cost of dining, and it's easy to see why "The Melting Pot" has continued to hold strong in it's little corner near the 15 freeway and Foothill Boulevard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that sounds soooo delicous! I've only been for dessert but now I want to splurge on the whole thing!
ReplyDelete