Monday, October 19, 2009

Kitchen Crazy

Well, I just finished reading Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential" and I have to say I loved it! It was so irreverent and witty, and so completely vulgar. It shocked me at first, I mean, I would never use language that harsh. But it works for Bourdain though, from the very first paragraph, I had this image of him in my mind and that image made me laugh throughout his entire adventure. I am also vaguely disgusted at eating out. Since I have finished the book, I now know what really goes on in restaurant and it is rather sickening. I mean, thanks Anthony for enlightening me...but jeez. Oh...and most importantly, I never EVER want to be a chef. I thought that after reading this I might want to jaunt off to culinary school. How very wrong I was. Being a chef is hard work and definitely not for the faint of heart. Point is, I loved this book and I would highly recommend it, even if you chose another book for the project. It's such a fun read that it didn't even feel like work at all and i really became immersed in his life. I also will guiltily admit I spent many hours in my philosophy class reading this and quietly chuckling. If you like food, or anything slightly humorous, read it. Borrow it from me even. Seriously. Oh...and if you like the Food Network, he disses Emeril an awful lot so be prepared.

3 comments:

  1. The book sounds interesting, I'll definitely read it in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this book as well, and I agree! It is really amazing and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will start reading this book in 12 min from now, dont know what i feel or think about it yet. not really happy to, so lets see.
    but, i will post it after I finish reading it and then yoall will know.

    ReplyDelete